The Saturday Center for Psychotherapy is proud to offer a challenging internship and training program for MFT’s, Psychological interns and postgraduate psychologists (PsyD, PhD). Our psychology training program is highly selective but serves as an exciting opportunity for personal and professional growth that many students find to be richly rewarding. Below, we have highlighted a few of the main aspects of our training program.
Psychology Training Program Goals
The main goal of our psychology training program is to equip psychotherapists and psychology students with the ability to assess their inner character in an effort to better serve their clients within the confines of therapeutic services. The client/therapist relationship is one of the most important personal relationships a person can have and The Saturday Center for Psychotherapy aims to provide this challenging, in-depth learning opportunity to budding psychotherapists.
What to Expect
As a psychology intern, you will use our private practice model to moderate therapeutic services to clients. There are no classes, lectures or special projects – just real life experience and hands-on learning. It’s important to note that our psychology training program is not easy. It is designed to be a strenuous and difficult program, but each intern is provided with individual weekly supervision from a primary supervisor and various groups. This process typically results in expansive professional growth.
Requirements and Selection Process
When selecting interns for our psychology training program, we look for many different things. Below, are just a few of the applicant characteristics and qualities we value most: **Please note the different requirements for our MFT vs. Doctoral level applicants.
- Have at least one year of individual psychotherapy- ongoing therapy is recommended
- MFT applicants only: Have a Masters degree in psychology or related field AND at least one year of post graduate experience. Applicant must have their MFT Intern number before start date
- Doctoral applicants only: Be enrolled in a doctoral program that requires an internship training.
- Have a desire to learn more about yourself, the client/therapist relationship and the therapeutic process
- Have basic therapeutic skills
- Be committed to expanding personal and professional growth
- Be prepared and capable of handling the anxieties, frustrations and hard lessons that are essential to the learning process
For a full list of requirements, please visit our Intern Information page.
If you’re interested in learning more about the therapeutical process, the client/therapist relationship, and more about your own personal character, you may be a great candidate for our psychology training program. Fill out our contact form online or call The Saturday Center for Psychotherapy today for more information on how to apply.